Brushing Up – Tooth Talk for Kids
Welcome to Brushing Up – Tooth Talk for Kids
While we all understand the importance of educating young children about oral health care, it can be hard to find fun ways to engage them on the topic.
To help, VHCF has developed Brushing Up —Tooth Talk for Kids, a toolkit of entertaining and age-appropriate materials to help educate and motivate elementary school children to take care of their teeth.
The Brushing Up toolkit is a combination of electronic and hardcopy materials. All of the electronic materials are posted here so you can easily download and use them. These materials have been categorized by age range to accommodate different interests and maturity levels. You’ll see there is an array of games and pictures for coloring, plus one-page handouts about fun dental apps and electronic games that can be shared with children and/or their parents.
Brushing Up’s Electronic Materials:
Ages 3 and up: Dental Booklets:
K-3: Dental Activity Sheets:
Grades 4 -5: Dental Activity Sheets:
- Defeat Monster Mouth Word Search
- Watch your Mouth
- Teeth to Treasure Word Search
- A-MAZE-ing Message
- Teeth to Treasure Challenge
- Word Decoder
Fun Dental Apps:
- Summary of Dental Apps
- Dentist Office Kids (All): Available on iOS and Android
- Crazy Monster Dentist (All): Available on Android
- Tiny Dentist 2015 (3 and up): Available on iOS
- Chomper Chums (4-11): Available on iOS and Android
- Toothsavers (5 and up): Available on iOS and Android
Online Dental Games and Brushing Timers:
- Summary of Online Dental Games
- Attack of the Plaque Monsters (7 and up)
- Toothman (7 and up)
- Guess What (7 and up)
- Time2Brush (7 and under)
- Brush DJ (All)
- The Grosser, More Disgusting, But Still Totally Cool Mouth Book
- Make Way for Tooth Decay
- Dental Activity Fun Book with the Ocean Pals
- Packs of Crayons
Please contact Rachel Rees, VHCF’s Deputy Director of Programs and Operations, with any questions about Brushing Up at email@example.com or (804) 827-1343.
We extend our deepest thanks to the Claude Moore Charitable Foundation
for the grant that made Brushing-Up possible.