Behavioral Health Provider Resources
Scholarships for NPs seeking Psychiatric-Mental Health certification
The Virginia Health Care Foundation (VHCF) has established a special scholarship program to underwrite tuition and fees for Nurse Practitioners (NP) who return to school to obtain a post master’s certificate as Psychiatric-Mental Health NPs (PMHNPs). This is a wonderful opportunity for nurse practitioners to gain valuable training as psych-mental health specialists and help address a huge unmet need in Virginia. To find out all about this new scholarship program, including eligibility criteria and application materials, click here.
Mental Health for Primary Care Providers — A Webinar Series on Pharmacotherapy and Diagnostic Considerations
This webinar series was developed by VHCF to provide continuing education for health care professionals who provide primary care to individuals with mental health conditions, and may not have mental health specialists available either onsite or in the community.
- Each module is approximately 1.5-2 hours in length.
- The cost to register is $25/webinar.
Mental Health Roundtables:
VHCF hosts semi-annual Mental Health Roundtables for health safety net organizations, Community Services Boards, mental health professionals, policy makers and others. These half-day roundtables focus on key issues related to increasing access to mental health services for Virginians. (Email Kari Parkhurst to be added to the Mental Health Roundtable email list.)
For access to presentations and materials from prior roundtables, visit the Mental Health Roundtable section of this website.
Directory of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Programs in Virginia
This 2013 directory provides a listing of and contact information for all Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner programs in Virginia.
Coalition for Whole Health
- Recommendations on Coverage of Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services in the Essential Health Benefit Package
- Integrating Mental Health in a Primary Care Setting: A presentation by Lloyd Moss Free Clinic
- An Overview of Virginia’s Mental Health Workforce Shortage Areas
- Findings from a Study on Disparities in Minority Mental Health
- Tips on Recruiting Mental Health Providers
- A chart of all Behavioral Health Graduate Programs in Virginia
Webinars and Podcasts
Reports and Data