SignUpNow workshops are designed for administrators, staff and volunteers in community programs serving children and families who are interested in Virginia’s state-sponsored health insurance programs for children and pregnant women. The information presented will be of value to organizations such as: schools, hospitals, clinics, community health centers, pediatric practices, Head Start, home-visiting programs, social services, health departments, family service organizations, churches, community action agencies, extension offices, youth programs, child care providers, human resources staff of local employers, and outreach workers in any setting.
What You Will Learn
The workshops provide in-depth information on the FAMIS, FAMIS Plus, Medicaid for Pregnant Women, FAMIS MOMS, and the Low Income Children and Families (LIFC) programs. The topics presented include:
- Who qualifies for the programs and how does a family apply
- The covered benefits, terms of coverage, and costs of the programs
- How you can work with the Cover Virginia Call Center, your local Department of Social Services, and CommonHelp to help a family apply
- How FAMIS/FAMIS Plus, Medicaid for Pregnant Women/FAMIS MOMS, Plan First and LIFC are coordinated
- What you can do to get the word out in your community about these programs
- Important changes that were made to the programs over the last year and other changes that are expected in the near future.
All workshop participants receive a comprehensive Tool Kit with FAMIS program information, forms and resources to use in working with families.
SignUpNow is in the process of scheduling 5 workshops around the Commonwealth from mid-April through June. As soon as the dates and locations are finalized, links to online registration will be posted here.
To be added to the mailing list to receive notification when future workshops are scheduled, email email@example.com. Questions? Call SignUpNow at 804-828-6062.
Can’t make one of these workshops, why not try the online, on-demand version of the workshop curriculum?
Funding for the SignUpNow workshops, on-demand training, and Tool Kits is made possible by the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services.