SignUpNow workshops are designed for administrators, staff and volunteers in community programs serving children and families who are interested in Virginia’s state-sponsored health insurance programs for children and pregnant women. The information presented will be of value to organizations such as: schools, hospitals, clinics, community health centers, pediatric practices, Head Start, home-visiting programs, social services, health departments, family service organizations, churches, community action agencies, extension offices, youth programs, child care providers, human resources staff of local employers, and outreach workers in any setting.
What You Will Learn
The workshops provide in-depth information on the FAMIS, FAMIS Plus, Medicaid for Pregnant Women, FAMIS MOMS, and the Low Income Children and Families (LIFC) programs. The topics presented include:
- Who qualifies for the programs and how does a family apply
- The covered benefits, terms of coverage, and costs of the programs
- How you can work with the Cover Virginia Call Center, your local Department of Social Services, and CommonHelp to help a family apply
- How FAMIS/FAMIS Plus, Medicaid for Pregnant Women/FAMIS MOMS, Plan First and LIFC are coordinated
- What you can do to get the word out in your community about these programs
- Important changes that were made to the programs over the last year and other changes that are expected in the near future.
All workshop participants receive a comprehensive Tool Kit with FAMIS program information, forms and resources to use in working with families.
SignUpNow has scheduled 5 workshops around the commonwealth in November and December. Click on the location for a link to online registration. A one page PDF flyer is available for each workshop with specific details on the location.
- Alexandria, Friday, December 2nd from 11AM to 3:00PM at the Charles E. Beatley Public Library, 5005 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Alexandria Flyer 12-2-16)
- Charlottesville, Tuesday, December 6th from 9:00AM to 12:30PM at the Albermarle County Office Building South, 1600 Fifth Street, Charlottesville, VA 22902 (Charlottesville Flyer 12-6-12)
- Radford, Thursday, November 10th from 9:30AM to 1PM at the Grove United Methodist Church, 1020 Tyler Avenue, Radford, VA 24141 (Radford Flyer 11-10-16)
- Richmond, Tuesday, November 29th from 9:00AM to 12:30PM at the Virginia Community Healthcare Association, 3831 Westerre Parkway, Henrico, VA 23233 (Richmond Flyer 11-29-16)
- Suffolk, December 21st from 9:30AM to 1PM at the Sentara Obici Hospital, 2800 Godwin Boulevard, Suffolk, 23434 (Suffolk Flyer 12-21-16)
To be added to the mailing list to receive notification when future workshops are scheduled, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Call SignUpNow at 804-828-6062.
Can’t make one of these workshops, why not try the online, on-demand version of the workshop curriculum?
Funding for the SignUpNow workshops, on-demand training, and Tool Kits is made possible by the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services.