To be eligible for consideration for a VHCF grant, organizations must be:
- A public agency or private non-profit holding a 501(c)(3) tax-exemption;
- An organization with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt fiscal sponsor; or
- An applicant for federal tax-exemption under 501(c)(3).
- Free clinics or Community Health Centers applying for grants must be members in good standing with either the Virginia Association of Free Clinics or the Virginia Community Healthcare Association.
Detailed information on VHCF grants dedicated to improving access to care can be found in VHCF’s Grant Guidelines manual.
VHCF grants cannot be used to:
- Fund research projects that lack a direct primary care service component;
- Replace funding from a previously-existing source, public or private, which has been reduced or eliminated;
- Fund portions of existing operations; or
- Underwrite sponsorships.
Additional eligibility requirements:
Project Connect grants and RxRelief Virginia grants have additional eligibility requirements, detailed on their grant pages. Funding for each of these three initiatives is issued periodically in response to specific requests for proposal.