Discussion Lists and Groups
The following oral health listservs, e-newsletters and online discussion groups will be of interest to anyone involving in providing dental care to Virginia’s uninsured or medically underserved children or adults:
The National Network for Oral Health Access (NNOHA) NNOHA is a nationwide network of dental providers who care for patients in migrant, homeless and Community Health Centers. The NNOHA Web site is a collection of information, contacts and resources including dental safety net start-up manuals and patient education resources.
Oral Health Alert: Focus on Head Start A free monthly electronic newsletter, Oral Health Alert provides information about Head Start oral health-related national campaigns and initiatives, Web sites, data releases, materials and journal articles.
Tooth Talk Listserv Moderated by VHCF, the Tooth Talk listserv is a forum through which dental safety net providers discuss the challenges of providing dental services for uninsured and medically underserved Virginians.
- Virginia Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association
- Virginia Community Healthcare Association
- Virginia Association of Free and Charitable Clinics
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry
- The National Maternal & Child Oral Health Resource Center