Missions of Mercy (MOM) Projects are intensive dental outreach events periodically held in high need areas of Virginia. They were launched by the Virginia Dental Association Foundation, with support from VHCF, in 2000 and have been replicated nationwide.
VHCF’s Dental Opportunities Champion has developed a great, quick overview of how a MOM project can help your community. Read her piece in the Virginia Dental Association Journal — Make a Visible Difference: Start a New MOM Project.
Listed below are materials that will be essential reading/viewing for communities and organizations interested in hosting a MOM Project. These include links to MOM workshop webcasts and access to detailed the Models that Made It handbooks, developed by VHCF, that provide step-by-step instructions and guidance on how to conduct a Mission of Mercy project.
The following documents provide detailed information on every aspect of coordinating a MOM project in your community. Most are in PDF format; some forms and budget worksheets are in Excel (noted).
- Sample Budget (Excel document)
- Sample Reimbursement Form
- Sample In-kind Donation Tracking Form (Excel document)
- Key Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Sample Volunteer Application (Excel document)
- Sample Volunteer Information Packet
- Medical Director Position Description
- Health Screening Volunteer Position Description
- Health Screening Station Instructions
- Medical Supply List
- Dental Services Volunteer Position Description
- Dental Director Position Description
- Blood Borne Pathogens Protocol
- Dental Charge Form (Excel document)
- Pharmacy-Exit Protocol
- Patient Registration Policies & Procedures
- Deemed Consent Form – English
- Deemed Consent Form – Spanish
- Patient Waiver – English
- Patient Waiver – Spanish
- Patient Record (Excel document)
- Volunteer Position Descriptions
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Sample Press Release
- Sample Talking Points
- Public Relations 101
- Tips for Handling a Media Interview
- Communications Techniques and Strategies
- H-6_Sample Executive Summary from Piedmont Regional MOM
For more information on Missions of Mercy or the VHCF dental Models that Made It, contact Rachel Rees, Deputy Director of Programs & Operations, at 804-827-1343.