Dental Provider Resources
Providing dental care to underserved populations can be a real challenge. From recruitment to funding, handling “no shows” to dealing with Medicaid, it can be difficult to keep a program running successfully.
Sometimes the best way to learn how to handle a situation is to hear from someone else who has tackled it. The resources available through the VHCF website, roundtables and workshops help both new and established dental providers achieve their goals and bring primary dental care to Virginians.
Tooth Talk is another invaluable resource; it connects Virginia’s dental providers who care for uninsured children and adults:
- The Tooth Talk Listserv is an online forum for dental safety net providers — a mechanism for them to learn about new resources and grants, to pose and answer questions about providing dental care to the uninsured, and to keep up-to-date on important issues. The listserv enables VHCF’s Dental Opportunities Champion to connect all participants and share information.
- Tooth Talk also is the name of VHCF’s twice yearly dental roundtable discussions for Virginia’s dental safety net providers. These roundtables are unparalleled opportunities for providers to learn from each other. Each roundtable focuses on a key issue facing dental safety net providers today.
To sign-up for the Tooth Talk Listserv or to find out more about Tooth Talk roundtables, contact VHCF at 804/828-5804.
New VHCF funding is being made available to help sponsor six Mission of Mercy dental outreach projects over the next three years. Click here to find out more about this Missions of Mercy funding opportunity.
VHCF also provides in-depth resources for dental providers statewide, including:
- Brushing Up – Tooth Talk for Kids
- Larell Dentures
- MOM Projects
- Starting a Dental Care Site
- Fundraising and Sustainability
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Dental Assistant II
- Patterson Dental Discounts
- Oral Health and Systemic Health — Integrating Care
- Providing Dental Care for Children
- Discussion Lists and Groups
- Policy Reports and Strategies
- Tooth Talk
Follow the links above to get more information. Contact VHCF at 804/828-5804 if you have additional resources you would like included.